Wednesday, December 27, 2006

Julia's Christmas 2006

Christmas Eve.
I was going to meet Granny. Daddy rented a pretty, silver minivan for our trip. Three of the Boiz had to work until 8 PM, so while we were waiting for them to get home, Mama packed my suitcase and some food and presents.
All 7 of us "Locked and Loaded" into the van and headed for LA, which is Lower Alabama in our family's joke. Daddy drove lots of hours in a big, bad rain storm. Mama held me the whole time. It was scary some of the time because the rain was coming down hard.
We arrived past midnight. I went in with the Boiz to meet Granny. Granny is 93 years old and her stringing is loose. She has lost some stuffing in her head, too. She doesn't feel good most of the time and stays in her bed a lot. It was a suprise that we were coming to visit.
When it was my turn to say hello, I didn't know if she'd like me or not. But she did. She held me tight and even covered me with the sheet.




Mama and Daddy and I went to bed in the guest bedroom. It was hard to sleep because I knew Christmas Day would soon be here.
The next morning, I got up and dressed in my special Christmas outfit. On the table was a tree just my size. I had a Christmas stocking with candy in it, just like the Boiz. You can see it in my left hand.



Then we opened presents. I got a book, an art set, and an artists' tote bag filled with paper and pencils. Kewl.


Granny held me while she was sitting in her wheelchair. She smiled every time she saw me and she didn't mind posing for this picture.


I took a nap while Mama and Aunt Jo (who is Daddy's sister and the Boiz' aunt) cooked dinner. The Boiz played video games (of course) and Daddy visited with the other relatives. Granny said she wanted a doll. She wants a boy doll to cuddle. Mama and I will send her one soon.

After dinner we had to leave so the Boiz could get back for work the next day. I had a nice time and especially enjoyed meeting Daddy's Mom, Granny. I was very glad to bring smiles to her face. And see the angel on the Christmas tree? I think THAT is the angel who watches over Granny when I'm not there.
Merry Christmas to everyone. Hugs, Julia*











































No comments: