Saturday, December 16, 2006

Daddy's Girl


Today Mama and Daddy took me outside to watch the International Space Station travel overhead. It was bright, like a really big star and twinkled. It wasn't round, but had uneven edges. If Mama and Daddy had a telescope, we could have seen the Space Shuttle Discovery attached to the side of the Space Station.


The best part is that Daddy wrapped me in the front of his coat while we watched it pass overhead. My head was sticking out just under his chin. I was warm and toasty because Daddy kept me safe. Mama held my hand and all three of us saw the vehicle that the Astronauts are living in.


In the picture I am holding an official NASA ISS patch Daddy got at the Huntsville Space Center Museum. I am wearing my sweatsuit that Mama made just for me.


You can enter your own location at nasa.gov and see when the ISS will come over your house. Or you can google search "International Space Station Flight Path" and find out.


It was KEWL!! Love, Julia*

No comments: